Sunday, November 4, 2007

a date, dessert, and the derby

Last night's date to the fair was so fun! As many of you know, our very first date 10 years ago was at the State Fair, so we are fond of going back every year when we can swing it. We take turns going just as a couple or including the kids. This year, we went without the little rascals. Ate yummy food--fry bread, kettle corn, and you know I had to do a deep fried snickers bar (ohsogood!), rode some fun rides, saw some crazy shows, and as a first for me, we watched the Demolition Derby. IT WAS RAD! I've never seen one before and honestly, I'd heard the term all my life but never knew what a 'demolition derby' was. Now, I'm all in the know! Wrecks, fire, smoke, busted cars, the drama! It was hilarious! The crowd really got into it. Much fun. See the video below for some good car wrecks!












Today was another busy Sunday getting ready for the Primary Program next week. Should be great! We did our Family Home Evening tonight because Dan's on shift tomorrow. We had a nice lesson about gun safety. Thanks to Heather A. for her "Stop, don't touch, tell an adult" rules regarding kids and guns. Scares the crap out of me, but I guess if we have a gun in the house, the kids need to be taught some important guidelines. Afterwards, we had a yummy dessert that Sean made. For lack of a better term, I'll call it ice cream sandwich fudge cake. It was made of ice cream sandwiches, ice cream fudge topping, crushed oreos, chocolate pudding and pie mix, and cool whip. OH. MY. Gosh. Seriously each piece is so sweet, I'm gonna cut the rest of them in half. Sinfully delish! The picture doesn't even show the awesome layers. Pretty easy and mighty tasty.



Here's the Derby video. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Delfina said...

Wow, sounds like you guy's had fun at the fair. I love going when I can but have not been in a while.

Love all the scrappy things you did. Lots of great work.

Christine said...

Oh sounds like so much fun. Aren't you glad that you told him not to takt the OT! I LOVE the photo of the faris (is that how you spell that?) wheel, so very creative. And I'm off tomorrow and DJ goes in at 3pm so I could come over and hang with ya if you'd like, I'll even cook ya some grub :-)

Anonymous said...

Amie so many AMAZING layouts. SO BUSY. I love your fair pictures. I used to love the air when I was a kid. I only go if I am back home. I would love to eat Fry-bread. Oh so yummy. Take care, Tammi

Heidi said...

fair-schmair! That place scares me!! Hey, it looks like I've been on the road w/ a few of THOSE drivers! I wonder how many of those drivers keep a neck brace handy?! LOL!

hilary said...

We used to go to the demo. derby in Idaho and I loved it! It definitely was "RAD" :)

Jesika said...

Sounds and looks like you had a blast!!

BTW, that dessert looks yUmmY!!

Heidi E. said...

Looks like you had a great time.. Thanks for sharing.. It has been years since I have been to the fair.. I should have went.. It looked like a good time.