Saturday, December 1, 2007

happy saturday to you

We had a fun little get together crop here last night, the few, the faithful, the scrapbookers. =) I had fun, but my mojo was goooooooone. I worked and reworked those One Little Word journal entries for hours, finished one, and finally gave up on the second. Even when I started working on layouts, I just wasn't feeling it.

So my journal entry: "Moment" and I had to use die cuts.



And then the two layouts I did, Ethan's first day riding the Preschool bus:



and a layout for Ethan's actual birthday this year in April. We let him open up just a present or two and ate drumsticks to celebrate. His actual birthday party layout is soon to come. (look how skinny I was!)



It was nice to have Danny home today on a Saturday...he's been working so much overtime (and he always does 24 hour shifts) so on his day off last Wednesday, I had an errand and to-do list out the window, so we spent pretty much no time together. Today...just lax. It continued to rain for about 36 hours straight and that was nice, but of course it kept the kids inside.

We decided to run out around noon for Panda Express and a movie. We saw Mr. McGorium's Wonder Emporium. I am sad to report I did not like it! Well, I liked it, but I didn't love it. I totally could have waited for video for this one. I just wasn't too impressed with the story and it left me wanting more. It just wasn't what I was expecting at all. Oh well. Dan and the boys liked it.

So tonight, my son got his first unofficial piano lesson as taught by yours truly. He seems very interested, for now *wink* and I have some teaching books I borrowed from someone, so it'll be fun to try to get him started on learning. It would be so cool if my boys learned piano.

I finally got the brilliant idea to use an old Basic Grey Blush card kit to complete the next few One Little Word Journal entries. Ohhh....I love them so much more! I wish I'd done it this way to start with. And they're not even my design (lol, that's of course why they look so much better!)

So here's Foolish, that I worked on several times last night and finally gave up. I like this one much better--had to use buttons on it.



And then Passion, which I think is my very favorite of the whole durn book!



Thanks for lookin', folks...enjoy the rest of your weekend.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Amie these are all wonderful.. I love the passion one and the blush paper you just can't go wrong that is one of my still favorite lines.

Casey Lu said...

Loving all of your journal pages.. you do such great journaling! I am trying to do more journaling on my pages and can't seem to stop repeating myself. Keep them coming girl! Love your pages! Also meant to tell you I absolutely LOVE your family pictures with all the blue and red, Stunning! You have such a beautiful family girl! Glad you all survived the car crash too!

Christine said...

So sorry you didn't like the movie. I thought for sure since you were a Tim Burton fan and we have such similar taste in movies you'd love it too. Maybe you just need to see a second time :-)

Christine said...

I posted my one little word pages!

Kendra said...

It's my personal goal to come to the next crop night. I just want to watch you and see all your techniques. I'm always in awe of your layouts. I HAVE to start scrapping. You would not believe all the supplies I keep buying, but never using. I think it's a mental illness or something!

angelina said...

Another awesome talent. You are just so good with words.