Friday, January 18, 2008

whoohoo!!

3 days in a row of good news! I can barely handle it!!

The hubster passed his first day of National testing for certification to become a paramedic by doing both physical skills and going through an oral review of skills. He and one other guy got them all passed the very first time through! Two down, one big 'un to go (probably the first weekend in February in Flagstaff) So if you see Dan the Man, give him a big congrats and pat on the back!

I did this layout today for SET (Sisters Enduring Together) in our relief society in our ward. My goal is to lose 35 pounds by June 1st (down 9 already yay-yayee!) and to document it, why, and how I'm doing it. I really love how this layout turned out. Just for fun, I took a CD, painted it, punched holes in it using my crop-a-dile (thanks so much to Angelina and Delfina for that!) and decorated it.



Then I started using my pink scraps. I really thought I'd be able to knock out pink in one day, since I don't use it a lot...but I actually have a TON of scraps in pink. It's gonna take me all week. Here are two of my first three (one is for a special b-day for someone coming up, so I don't wanna ruin el surpreez!:)




I am in such a good mood today! Cropping tonight at Stephanie's house, doesn't get much better than that. =) Have a great weekend everybody!

7 comments:

Amie said...

Great LO, good luck with the weight loss I wish I had your mindset at the moment :o)

Unknown said...

ALRIGHT...... good news is always a blessing!!!! Congrats on the weight loss thus far....I am sure of it that you will meet your goal. Happy weekend to you and your family.

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Yeah! I knew he could do it. Congrats to you, you are doing amazing! I love the C.D., I may have to scrapjack that (is that what they call it? still learning the lingo LOL) How was the crop? I got to do some work on a mini album for my G-parents in Utah, I can't wait to show you when it's done.

Kelly said...

Amie; Great page about your goals for 2008. I pretty much have the same goals but for some strange reason didn't journal about them... I am a journaler naturally so it is a bit odd that I didn't. LOL. Thanks for commenting on my blog and entering for my blog candy.
Wow, 3 boys! I have 2 boys and I they keep me going that's for sure. I am blessed to have a very supportive hubby though.
Well, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by.
Kelly

Delfina said...

Wow, congrats to your husband, that is so awesome. it new year and you can reach your goal.

Kim Mraz said...

beautiful scrapbook pages :)

Maria said...

love your layouts!!! :-)