Sunday, April 6, 2008

gen-con was awesome

Even more so this year than normal for several reasons:

1)  My kids actually sat and watched.  I asked them to watch at least half of each session and for the most part, they watched even more than required.  They had their April 08 general conference packets all ready (thanks to the 8.2 million people who forwarded that to me) and it really was helpful, along with a table full of arts and crafts and coloring books. 

2)  Sustaining the prophet for the first time.  I honestly don't remember doing this before although I'm sure I had.  So awesome and I got chills when it was time to sustain President Monson as Prophet, Seer, and Revelator for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I made sure the kids participated.

DSCF5242

3)  There were some amazing talks...the speakers that stick out this time around were Elder Uchdorf and his talk about being a newly called member of the 1st Presidency, Elder Holland and his talk this afternoon about the Bible, and yesterday's talk by Elder Scott on Abuse.  They speak with such power. 

4)  And how cute is President Monson?  I love how he spoke so candidly this afternoon about his wife and their relationship. "Don't let Daddy touch the microwave...or the stove...or the dryer...or the dishwasher..." 

These truly are men called of God.  They speak with such power, conviction, and testimony.  I'm so grateful to belong to a church that receives modern day revelation from God for our time today.

No comments: