Monday, July 28, 2008

super sloppy birthday party

It was all Danny's idea and it was SO MUCH FUN!  Oh my gosh, it was hilarious.  We were finally able to celebrate Sean's birthday with 13 kids (including my own.you know, the more kids, the more mess, the more fun!)

We did all the indoor stuff first.  Sean opened presents:

DSCF6051

 DSCF6062

DSCF6063

And then had cake.  Sean liked our cousin Deana's idea of the donut cake (and holy cow, easy on Mom!). 

DSCF6066

Then, outside for the messy fun!

Double Dare inspired Relay Race.  We started off with the marshmellow drop.  We took a huge marshmellow, dipped it in chocolate sauce, and dropped it into Player' 1's mouth.

DSCF6075

DSCF6093

DSCF6094

DSCF6099

Then onto the most disgusting one, the fish-for-a-penny-in-a-bucket-full-of-goo.  Gross goo.  We only had one Puker.  Yup, the birthday boy.  (There are no pictures of him doing the relay because I was videotaping it.then I stopped when the barf started, lol)

DSCF6074

DSCF6077

DSCF6078

DSCF6088

DSCF6089

DSCF6097

DSCF6105

DSCF6107

Then, they had to fish for a gummy worm in a bowl of cool whip, using only their face!

DSCF6083

DSCF6085

DSCF6091

DSCF6100

DSCF6101

DSCF6110

DSCF6118

Lastly was the pop-a-balloon-filled-with-shaving-cream-by-sitting-on-it!  Fun!  Messy! 

DSCF6081

DSCF6084

DSCF6092

DSCF6095

DSCF6103

DSCF6108

DSCF6109

Then, things just got crazy.coolwhip and chocolate sauce and shaving cream were flying!  And it wasn't only the kids getting involved!

DSCF6119

DSCF6121

DSCF6122

Next up, musical chairs-shaving cream style!

DSCF6125

DSCF6131

DSCF6132

DSCF6134

DSCF6137

DSCF6146

DSCF6147

Chad ended up our winner!

Sheer craziness I tell you!

DSCF6136

DSCF6145 

DSCF6150

DSCF6153

DSCF6154

DSCF6155

DSCF6156

Thanks everyone, for coming, we hope you had fun!  And thanks to my four super great helpers!  (for some reason, grandma avoided almost all camera shots!)

DSCF6072

DSCF6073

Whew.now for the cleanup.  I think I'd rather put my house up for sale and just buy a new ones.

PS:  all tatoos you see are fake, we had a fun fake tattoo session yesterday

13 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

That looks like a total BLAST! He will be known as the "cool Kid", with the "cool Mom" that let him have the messiest party ever!

AZ HS Spotlight said...

LOL, I love that you had to tell everyone that those were fake tattoos. What cute pictures! What a mess! I love it!

AZ HS Spotlight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorie said...

How fun! And I LOVE the donut cake idea!!

Teri said...

wow messy! those are the parties they remember!!!

and the tattoos, funny cause I thought "I didnt know danny had a tattoo!!"

April said...

JD had a blast. He said on the way home...I didn't know Sean's dad had a tattoo...I just said...we've all done some pretty crazy things when we were young (not knowing if he really had one or not). Not judging one bit, because I did get one when I was young. It looks like you all had a ton of fun!

The Bluths said...

I'm sure he'll remember that birthday for a long time, how fun!
I like how Sean is grabbing his crotch in the background of one of the pictures :)

Amie said...

Yeah...sometimes the boys just gotta hang onto their goods...fear of them floating away or something. (I was hoping no one would notice that, lol! but my hubby mentioned it to me today as well, so that's at least two!)

Jenna said...

You are always such a fun mom--willing to sacrifice your home for the sake of awesome birthday memories!

Julie said...

Happy birthday Sean! I can't believe you're already 9! It was just yesterday you turned 8 and started scouts. Brady is sad he missed your party. It looked like you had a great time.

Delfina said...

Wow, that looks like a fun party!

Margee' said...

Wow! Looked like everyone had a good time! How long did it take for the clean-up?
I'm with you on the tattoo! One of my daughters has one (hibiscus one her ankle)and one son in-law has one(Goose on his arm).