Wednesday, October 8, 2008

my scrappy work this weekend

DSCF6392

This first one was a progressive layout, in which each of us worked on everyone else's layouts for 5 minutes before moving on to the next.  So fun!  I really like how this turned out!  Thanks, girls!

 

DSCF6400

This was the only other 8 1/2 x 11 I did all weekend...mostly I worked on my Disney album, which is 8x8.  I thought this one was fun though.  I just love the bright colors.  To book your photog session with Miss CC, check out her blog!

 

DSCF6393

Now onto the Disney album.  I had so many great photos from our anniversary at the Happiest Place on Earth that I just did not want to sum them up in 1 or 2 pages.  When I scrapped my Accident layouts, I found that I really enjoyed the square size of the 8x8, so I started another one.

 

DSCF6394

Yeah, they're 8x8s but two-page spreads.  Not sure if I'll do the whole book this way, but for now, it's working.

 

DSCF6395

I think this one's one of my favorites from the weekend.  For the longest time I did not want to put that star there on the left.  You know me and white space.  But the girls convinced me that I needed it.  Thanks ladeez.

 

DSCF6396

This one's fun.  I love that scalloped paper I ordered from the Nook.

 

DSCF6397

OK.  Here's the story on this very bizarre layout.  For about 6 months, I have wanted to do flames on a page.  Not sure how, I finally tried it for this layout.  It's my least favorite of the bunch.  But now I can say that I got the flames out of my system and I don't need to stew over them any more.  ;)

 

DSCF6398

You probably can't tell, but the patches of green on the left and top right are overlays (transparencies).  I found this really fun overlay full of bright colors at the Scrapbook Den in Prescott (my favorite scrappy place!) and bought several.

 

DSCF6399

I really like this one too.  Though my flower strip is a little crooked, I just love the colors.

 

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

AZ HS Spotlight said...

I keep telling 'ya, I love the flames!!! Yes, I think I may be addicted to the Den, who can help it?

Jenna said...

I LOVE all your work! I really like the first one (the progressive one) and the Doing Disney--fabulous!

Lorie said...

Great LOs!

Casey Lu said...

Wow you did get a lot of layouts done! Great job on them! I myself have been wanting to do a flame layout for my son and I think you did a pretty good job at it, I liked it. Glad you had fun at the retreat!

wittygal said...

Just so you all know, I LOVE THE FLAME PAGE!! I think it is very Disney "AND" very appropriate for I believe the Tower of Terror ride is the closest you can come to the FIREY PLACE! I can't wait to see your Disney album when it is complete.

Natalie said...

Lots of awesome work! Will have to be copying it soon! :)

jinxi~ aka angi said...

You rocked the layouts once again! :)

ps: I dont have sound, so I cant watch the videos.. Im working on it though.. :)

heather said...

i love the california screamin one! when will i start scrapping again? What is wrong with me?????