Tuesday, January 13, 2009

12 of 12 -- it's all about me

I decided to edit this just to add, for those of you who were not aware, some information about 12 of 12, which is what this post is all about. 12 of 12 was created by Susan and is basically this: on the 12th of each month, take bunches of pictures of every day life, anything and everything, interesting or not, simply to document the day. Then, pick your favorite 12 and ideally, scrapbook them or post them on your blog. When you look back later, it's fun to see these little glimpses of what life was like on the 12th of each month.


For some reason Sunday night, I could not sleep. I wasn't really thinking about anything in particular; I just wasn't sleepy. So finally at around 1 I got up and played around on the internet. Til 3:30--that's when I finally got to bed. You'll be seeing the results of that erroneous decision later on in this post.


One of my favorite shirts, a yard sale find about a year ago. No, you do not get to see my face because I did not wash my hair today. I'm goin' on about 3 hours' sleep here.


As I was getting ready to do some laundry I synched my ipod and noticed that I'm right at 100 songs. I <3 my ipod.


I didn't realize my Almond Special K cereal looked this good up close. This is how I like it, dry. It lasts longer that way.


Forget the barefoot and pregnant stereotype--I am sock-clad and most definitely not pregnant. I love socks. I love cruising into my kitchen and sliding across the floor a la Tom Cruise in Risky Business.


Some of the flashcards I made today for my Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) class. Today was the first official day.


After several hours of study, I hit a wall at about 3:30p and had to lay down. For three hours. I was a grouch when I woke up. Really. Ask my kids. This is why I don't take naps.


It's riveting stuff, folks. Bought a vacuum cleaner belt--the wrong one. Found a place that sold the right one. Bought it.


My last call of the day, an unknown (so likely I didn't answer it--actually, never mind that, I was still sleeping at this time) so that shows how much of a non-popular loser I am. (Somebody, call me for crying out loud...please?)


One of my favorite dinners--hawaiian haystacks. Super yummyrrific.


Shook off some of my sleepiness after dinner by working out some music I'm creating. I <3 my piano.


The cause of much stress today...not the actual CD Rom and the work, but the fact that I didn't think I had it. So I was trying to do my homework without it, emailed the professor a couple of times, ordered a copy ($42!!), then heard back from the professor that I didn't need it, and then I FOUND IT up by my DVD player. Oy. Will be cancelling that order in the morning.

This is Amie on no sleep, folks. It ain't pretty. Ain't pretty indeed.

10 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

You should check into the Cadaver Dissection at Grand Canyon University. I went when I was in nursing school about 17 years ago. The coolest thing ever.

The Bluths said...

#1 Who took the picture of you sleeping?
#2 How did you get a picture of yo playing the piano from that angle when both your hands are on the keys?

I'm puzzled

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Well, you made it.. sleep or lack thereof.
Hang in there.. you are still a great inspiration.

ps: Im giving you a blogger award via my blog. Check it out ;)

AZ HS Spotlight said...

1. You look super skinny in that pic of your favorite shirt (and in real life)

2. Love Hawaiian Haystacks (my favorite part of Girl's Camp)

3. I would have freaked about the CD Rom too, crazy, glad you found it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah seriously you look really thin in that shot, diet must be working huh? Oh and I'm glad your new picture header has Danny in it now.

B

Katrina :) said...

you are such a character amie! I've had a derby race on 1 hour sleep before. Ask myu friends how many dr. peppers i had. I was so hyper. 100 songs? ha I have 1,000! love love love music.

So if you didn't already know, we're have some special visitors next week. I haven't seen one of them since...oh I don't know...1996? when he and his brother were in high school...I remember jumping on their trampoline with them. and his wife I've never met. ha guess who it is! ^^^

-Trina

Jennifer ♥ said...

I've never heard of Hawaiian Haystacks but it looks yummy!!

Your pictures are funny -- I love my socks too, I hate being barefoot.

Christy said...

So, when do we get to see video of you doing the "Risky Business" slide in your socks?? ;)

Amber said...

Okay, so you're lookin HOTT mama! You look great in your garage sale find T-shirt! YAY you! So what's your secret...cause I need to lose this baby weight!!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

I started this this year... thanks to you .. :) One of my friends Kimmy is doing it as well. I had to come back and copy the meaning from you as you put it more gracefully than I ever could. Thank you and hope you dont mind. :)