Friday, January 23, 2009

gettin' by with a little help from my cameron

He is such an original kid--he really cracks me up. A funny story about Cam.

Saturday morning, we went yard sale-ing.  So Mommy doesn't have a nervous break down in strangers' driveways, we only allow one child at a time the chance to shop when we stop house to house.  We started with Cameron's turn.

The boys had each taken a dollar (thanks Grandma!) and had their money protected in their clenches.  I was off looking at purses (much to my husband's dismay..."You HAVE three already!" he'll yell at me!  "It's a quarter!" I'll yell back!  Plus, I like having different colored ones, different styles, etc.  And if I'm only paying a $1 for them, then who cares how many I have?  They make me happy and I can have a different one each month!)  Well, I saw Cam over by the clothing but didn't think much of it.  I was giving the evil eye to a woman who took a red leather purse right out from under my nose and didn't notice what he was doing.

I started to make my purchase (a backpack purse for $1, thankyouverymuch) and noticed that Cam had gone back to the van.  When I got back, I noticed he'd bought some shirts.  Adult sized shirts.  One, bright orange with a picture of  a witch on it and the words that read "I'm feeling witchy today." !! And the other, a nice, albeit way too big for him, Ghostbusters t-shirt.  He was pleased as pop.

Anyway, since we decided the orange 'witchy' one seemed a little fruity, we decided it would be his paint smock from now on.

Later in the day, as Danny was finishing up his shed that he has been building from scratch for the last year, he gained a little helper in Cameron who loves to help Dan do anything.  He's such a Daddy's boy.  Dan was just getting ready to apply paint over the screws and nail holes.

"Let me get my smock!" Cameron called, and ran into the house to get his brand new, very odd, quite large orange t-shirt.  He grabbed his safety goggles (for painting?) and got to work.

DSCF8026

DSCF8029

DSCF8032

DSCF8033

DSCF8028

Can you see me in the reflection?  I'm not wearing any pants.

Just kidding.

There was a neighbor child over.

7 comments:

Dahlene said...

How Cute! Kids are so funny. I just love Cameron.

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

What a great story. You, also... are a fantastic story teller!

Casey Lu said...

How cute is that?! Gotta love a kid that loves to help paint no matter if it is on a house, wall, canvas, or paper! Interesting how kids spend their money on things, sometimes it makes me wonder (on my kids) what they were thinking. Such a great helper your little Cameron is!

Lorie said...

I love his smock!! And the haircut! ;D

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Ha ha, Feeling Witchy. Ah, kids. I am also looking for another purse, it's been 2 weeks since my last purchase, I'm feeling the need. (and since Camille won't give me her old purse!)

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Im the SAME way with purses.. goodeness!
Yay for Cam and his purchases and helping out Dad.. he truly is a good egg! :)

Robert said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. And I have to say, you've got yourself some cute boys there...