Monday, April 27, 2009

5 year old in the house!!

How is it possible that 5 years ago I quit working for the school district as a sign language interpreter?  For 5 years, I've stayed at home with this little baby (and my other chitlins), feeling like home was where I needed to be and where I could do the most good.  5 years doing daycare.  My youngest is 5!  How is that conceivably possible?

We had a fun party Saturday with all the fixins. . . with a hot dog lunch, pinata, bubblegum machine cake, and slip n' slide, how can you go wrong?  Thanks for everyone who came or called and helped us make Ethan's day great.  =)  Sean took most of these pictures-they're not perfect, and as Ethan was opening presents, Sean would get too excited and curious to take a good picture of the gift itself after it was unwrapped, but for the most part, Sean did a good job.

 

 DSCF9837Collage 5DSCF9903

 Collage 6 The bike makes motorcycle noises when you turn/rev the handles.

DSCF9957DSCF9829  I have to admit I"m pretty darn proud of this cake.  I copied it from a book.  Fun, huh?     

DSCF9959

12 comments:

Christine said...

It was good time for sure! And the cake was soooooooooo yummmy. I'm sure that's where my .5 weight gain came this week and it was worth every bite. Woo Hoo go Ethan!

P.S. Have you gone to bed yet? Lol

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!!!!!!

B

Teri said...

super cute cake!! and what kid wouldnt want a cake with gum balls on it!!! awesome!

Liz said...

That cake is so adorable... I love it.. Looks like a good time..
Yes time is just flying by us... all.

tif-do said...

What a great cake! 5 years old...I still can't get over mine being that old. I told her the other day something about being 4 and she said "I'm 5 Mo-om!"

Carrie said...

AWESOME CAKE AMIE!!

Kyle Farmer said...

It does go by fast. I know everyone else is excited about the cake (and let's be honest, I am too), but the bike that make motorcycle sounds is freakin' sweet! Do they make that for 30 year olds?

W.W. said...

Little Miss "A" had a blast! Thanks for having her:-)

wittygal said...

Super fun party! My kids had a BLAST. I am SO glad you found the shoe. Thanks!

crazy said...

That is a great cake. WOW! I love you layouts too. Tammi

jinxi~ aka angi said...

WOW, I dont know which is cooler, that cake or the bike... man.. what a great party for that lil fella! your baby is growin up! Sweet party!

Mark and Jessica said...

I am so impressed by that cake! I love doing different cakes for my kids and am always looking for ideas. My 5-yr-old has a b-day coming up in a couple of weeks, and requested a Star Wars cake, but I can't find anything to do. Maybe I'll just make him a gumball cake and call it good.

I read your blog all the time and love your posts, and am even at the point I can recognize you at Stake functions and all. Maybe one day I'll introduce myself :-P