Tuesday, May 26, 2009

it's so hard being sick


So very rough. The bucket, the remote, some food, and pillows propped up as to ideal viewing of 24 hour cartoons. What more could you want?

Actually, Friday was a pretty bad day for The Amazing Mr. E. His temperature got up to 103.7. We were so worried we called the Pediatrician's office who referred us to the triage nurse. She counseled us on what to do, when to be worried, and how to treat him. No more throw up since the graduation, thank heavens.

He's so funny when he's sick. All droopy-eyed and cute. When I'd ask him if he wanted a drink, he'd say, "Probably Yes." He snoozed off and on, on my bed all day, only eating a bit of cereal for breakfast and drinking sugar free powerade and diet sprite.

What do you do for your kids when they're feeling ill?

5 comments:

AZ HS Spotlight said...

That's me today, I have the flu and morning sickness. I am cursed!!

Liz said...

Ah... it's always good to be with mom on sick days.. I only gave popsicles , water, soup broth and 7 up but no more little ones and so much has changed.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

awww poor fella!

I do the same thing.. cater to his every need and TONS of hugs!

Anonymous said...

We spread a blanket over the couch then fold the sick kid up in it to make a "blanket taco." I don't know why, but they always get a kick out of it.

Valea said...

Lots of love and cater to their needs

I love your blog...if you get a chance check out mine.

http://valeasthoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks
Kristi