Friday, January 29, 2010

dear diary

Things have been crazy busy as always, but in a good way.

 

I started the semester last week and am really enjoying my Microbiology class. It is so much easier than my Anatomy & Physiology classes. . .I can't get over it. Plus, I love my professor and really enjoy her lectures. She is from India and is so cute and personable with an infectious laugh that makes me giggle right along with her. Loving it.

 

I've done a lot of scrapbooking in January--17 layouts--which has been so fun! I've been learning how to use my Cricut and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot and so enjoying the results.

 

183660 6400090 3486806 I've also been doing lots of reading, I think another 8 books this month (well, I completed 7 and gave up on the 8th) and just started a new one last night. Such a nice respite from the world!

 

m_090415_ts_44 (that's not me)

I got a new calling at church. I am now one of the four ward organists.  (I know, I know, this much coolness should not be allowed to occur all in one person, alas, someone's gotta do it). 

"But Amie," you say, "I didn't know you knew how to play the organ?"

I don't.

I've never played one in my life!  Ha!  But hopefully I'll be able to get used to it and not muck up my first week of music (in February) when it comes. I'm still playing piano in Primary too, so I'm definitely getting my quota of music in each Sunday.

 

charlie-and-the-choco-fact Sean just got a fun part in the school production of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. He'll be playing the part of Mike Teevee, so that's exciting for him. He gets crazy anxious nervous about new things, so I'm hoping this will break him in enough that he'll get over that fear and hopefully continue to try out for new things in the future.

 

mesa_lds_mormon_temple2My girls and I went to the temple a couple of nights ago which was really refreshing and enjoyable.  I think it was the third time I've been to the temple in the past month. . .so cool that I'm able to go so much more often now!

 

191764_19 We're considering going up to Flagstaff on Saturday to play in the snow, but we've never done that with the kids before and have no idea how to plan! What to wear? what to take with us? How cold or wet will we be? Anyone have any suggestions or clothes we can borrow?

 

And this is my newest favorite song, "Somewhere Only We Know"--I just love these covers done by other bands! The original (which I also love) is done by Keane and can be seen here. This version is done by Lifehouse. And is it just me, or does the lead singer look like a cross between Jim from "The Office" and Charlie from "Lost" (Dominic Monaghan)? Right?

 

So, in a not-so-small nutshell, these are things that have been keeping me busy this past week.  What are you up to this last week of January?

14 comments:

Christine said...

First week as a 30 year, officially lost my job, filling out applications for assistance, scraped 5 lay outs, went to the Temple, cooked some new stuff, taking my mom to breakfast for her 55th birthday, baby cut his first 2 teeth.

OneHappyfamily said...

i have tubes you can borrow.

Emily said...

Love the list, enjoyed the song. You've been busy!

wittygal said...

What I have been up to? Well, I would tell you but than I would have to bore you, I mean kill you. Your month sounds great, I am so glad school is going better. You are such an inspiration. Nice song!

Anonymous said...

He totally DOES look like that hobbit!!!

B

Margee' said...

Wow! Busy lady!
You've got a Cricut, I'm still dealing with only Sizzix Sidekick.
Have fun with your scrapbooking, i only seem to get cards made these days!
You do alot of reading! Where do you get all of the books?
Hope you have fun in the snow, none here this year. But i'm not complaining.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Im sure it would be fun to play in the snow.. I dont have any suggestions, I like enjoying from the inside ;) haha

So proud of your son getting a part in the play.. that sounds like oodles of fun!

Your scrapbooking is really awesome as always. Im glad you are creating!

Anonymous said...

I'm a tiny bit jealous that you got a cricut!!!! You go girl!!!!
I don't know how you find time to scrap, you are so very busy!!!
Love your pages!!!
Have added many of your books to my binder of books to read!!

The Bluths said...

Funny, I was looking at the list of songs you have on your ipod and I saw the "Somewhere only we know" and I thought how Keen has a song called that that I really like. Turns out they were copying the same song. Have you heard Keen's version?

The Bluths said...

Ok I should read your whole post before I comment... I think I heard of Keane (not Keen) from Stephanie Meyer's soundtracks.

Delfina said...

I like the lo!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello man!

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!