Monday, February 22, 2010

48 hours in summary

The weekend:

The plan was to go see the Declaration of Independence being shown down at the Capitol building for one day only. We stood in line, bearing the brunt of Freedom of Speech in action (an anti-mayor movement going on down the street), and after enduring for 30-40 minutes, were told that the wait was still another 90-120. We might have stayed, but we were on a tight schedule so we had to move on.

From there to the Scottsdale Arabian Horse show where some of Cameron's artwork was featured (along with many other schools' kindergarten through fifth graders). It was fun to see his art displayed for all to see--a picture of a horse, of course. From there we went into the stands to watch a bit of horse judging. Not too much going on; these horses were just for show, but they were interesting to look at.

From there back to Phoenix where we got our taxes done. That came out better than expected, so we left happy.

We babysat my nephew this weekend, so for the most part, I didn't have to entertain the kids at all. The four of them got along really well and kept each other busy. :)

Sunday I played the organ for the first time. I am made of coolness am I not? *snort* It went fine, not perfect, but no worries. We had dinner with my brother-in-law's family, the nephew was picked up, Cameron got a rusty nail in his foot, and we went on our way.

Today, pediatrician's office for a tetanus shot (turns out he didn't need one) and the week begins with a bang.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

leaner said...

Good! Rock Gym on Saturday and the Botanical Garden on Sunday with my parents (who were playing hooky from church since my dad's oldest sis was in town.)

Dahlene said...

Sounds a little crazy for you. Ours was very relaxing. Didn't do much, but it was pleasant.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Ouch to the rusty nail! I did that when I was little! Glad he was covered! :)

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Ouch to the rusty nail! I did that when I was little! Glad he was covered! :)