Monday, May 10, 2010

farewell willy wonka ( good job, sean! )

Sean got cast as Mike Tevee in his school's production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

He got cast...in January.

So ever since, he's been singing the songs, practicing lines, playing the tunes on his clarinet and piano, watching youtube clips, and otherwise driving us nuts with Willy Wonka-isms!

All joking aside, I'm very proud of him for trying something new--something that he ended up loving, incidentally--and for actually doing a very good job at it. Lots of people told me so! His troop did the performance twice at the school for students and twice for the parents. I was finally able to make it on the last night of performance, and he did a smashing job! We're proud of you Sean!







The drama coach is also Cameron's 2nd grade teacher, so we know her well and love her. Thanks for all your hard work Ms. Haag!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I am truly impressed, that is a big part! Way to go Sean.

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Sean was awesome! I see big things for him in the theater world!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

He gets it honestly! ;)

I wish I could have seen it.. I probably would have cried. Those events tend to tear me up. hehee

But overflowing with proud right? :)YES!

wittygal said...

Very cool! I love when our kids recieve exposure to all different kinds of fun life experiences. I have to admit I took drama in Junior High and I loved it.