Wednesday, May 12, 2010

the ups and downs of school finals and the dreaded conjuctivitis

So what do you do when your son's just been diagnosed with pink eye, your hubby is at work 45+ minutes away, and you have a final starting in 45 minutes?

You cry, and pray, and cry some more.

Then you leave your 6 year old son at home by himself (not saying it's my proudest moment) and then cry some more as you call anyone you can think of that wouldn't risk getting their own babies exposed to pink eye, to come rescue him until Dad can come home.

And then you cry some more when they say "No problem at all, I'll be right there, don't stress it. Go kick butt on your final."

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it.

The test was really a struggle, but in my defense, everyone suffered on it and my mind was slightly frazzled. I got a 78 which was by far my lowest test grade, but ended up with a 94% in the class, so, yay.

CNA class is done as well and it was the best experience. I really made some awesome friends and learned some great skills that I can't wait to put into practice.

All in all, a very emotional day, but I go to bed happy and somewhat stress-free.

7 comments:

Jennifer ♥ said...

Congrats on passing your final!! You did great!

Poor Ethan :(

laurie said...

what a day! i believe we are sometimes given times like that to be shown how strong and resourceful we, and the others in our lives, are. but it doesn't make it any easier - especially when you're in the middle of it!

i hope you relax and take it easy today. congrats on finishing and doing so well.

AZ HS Spotlight said...

No problem chick-a-dee! The class grade is the only one that matters, so you rocked it!! BTW, I blogged two days in a row! Woot-woot!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

awww girl.. no doubt you were crying! Im glad you have great friends so close! I wish Id been there. Hope the kiddo is better soon!

Glad you kicked butt on the final with all that was going on!!...

Congrats on your CNA class score! I admire you for being able to do it all. You are an inspiration!

Christine said...

So I'm guessing you never received my text that said bring him over :(

Delfina said...

At least you got through the day and passed your class. You go girl!

Dahlene said...

Way to go on passing the final. It's amazing what us mom have to go through sometimes, but with family, friends, and our courage we plow ahead and get it done! Keep up the great work Amie!