Pardon me as I take a few days to recoup from our July 4th whirlwind vacation to visit Dan's family in central California.
We had a most excellent time, but now that we're back, it's back to laundry and cleaning, homework and heat heat heat.
Some highlights from our trip, you ask? Here you go:
- baptism of our niece Kylie followed by yummy dinner and pool party at her home
- the annual H--------- Family Summer Olympics up in Squaw Valley as hosted by Great-Grandpa
- meeting and re-meeting all the clan, cousins, aunts and uncles, and oh-so-many 2nds and 3rds and greats
- two words: zip line
- awesome one-on-one talks with Grandpa
- super yummy food, and keeping to my diet
- low-key fireworks in the street
- chillin' and relaxin' on Pismo Beach
- clam chowd-ah
- ahhhhh. . . (sorry, still thinking about Pismo Beach. . . and the clam chowder)
- 11th birthday party for nephew Kyle, complete with to-die-for carrot cake infused with pineapple, almonds, and raisins
- playing with twin babies now almost one year old and so stinkin' cute it almost makes me want another baby
- swimming three times a day; no kidding!
- reading next to the pool in the 100+ weather
- not shaving my legs for 6 days (it's ok, I have really blonde hair and it grows slow)
- finishing 2 books
- no car problems
- keeping up on homework while there but not hatin' it
- pretty good behavior from the boys
Each day was so wonderful, and I am so glad I have the 511 pictures to document it. You'll get to see a few of those in the days to come.
How did you celebrate the 4th?