Tuesday, April 9, 2013

book butterfly reviews -- march

Um, dang, I really thought I had read more this month.  Truth is, I was in the middle of three different books all month (one on audio CD, one on my iphone, and one traditional), and Dan and I finished Harry Potter 6, and I gave up on a couple.  But officially?  I only finished one.  And it was about Zombies.  Heh.  Feelings all kinds of mature right now.

Here's what I read in March:

 

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)

"Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1)" by Isaac Marion

4 of 5 stars false

R is a zombie. He eats the brain of a man, and gains that man's memories of his girlfriend Julie. Later, R meets Julie in person, And feels as if he knows her, loves her. The more he is with her the more humane he becomes. This does not bode well, when Julie's father is a military figure who hate zombies and is leading the war against them.

I really enjoyed this story. I felt it was creative, funny, and really fun to listen to, as I did on audiobook. The person reading on the audio CDs did a wonderful job imitating the zombie voices. It just made it so fun to listen to. The story was very engaging, and I will continue to Read the rest of this series.

The downside is there is a lot of profanity. So read with caution.

 

Boarded Window (Warm Bodies, #0.6)

"Boarded Window (Warm Bodies #0.6)" by Isaac Marion

3 of 5 stars false

Seriously, I don't know how these 2-pagers qualify as a GoodReads read, yet here it is.

Having just finished the first book, I enjoyed this further insight into R's character and earlier life as a zombie. I hope Marion continues on with this series, exploring other characters and developing current ones. It's a lot of fun and something refreshing and new.

Tired of vampires. LOL

 

Dan and I had been reading Harry Potter 6 since. . . I don't know, the Dawn of Time it seems and we finally finished that.  Then I finished 2 or 3 books pretty early in April, so you'll see those next month.

What are you reading?

No comments: