Friday, July 28, 2006

yo-ho

Wednesday was a great day. Danny had it off so he and all three kids had dental appointments. I didn't want to send him to the dentist with three boys, so I took the day off as well. The visits went ok and then we had some nice time together without daycare kids around.

We actually got away for a bit of dinner and a movie too! Remember when we won that ward auction for the 10 hours of babysitting? We finally cashed in on some of that in order to eat out at Red Robin (I love that place specifically because they give the option of using Boca Burger patties instead of hamburger--cuts the calories like crazy!) where we both got something new for us. I tried the whiskey BBQ burger which was yummy, huge and messy and I'd get it again. (PS, I've also had the Bonzai Burger from Red's and it's also delicious) I didn't even eat it all, forget taking advantage of the bottomless steak fries offer!

Afterwards I got my Johnny Depp fix by catching Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. We really enjoyed it, although it was quite long, close to two and a half hours. If you've seen it, email me and we can talk about other things I specifically liked and didn't like. I just love the Captain Jack Sparrow character...hmm, we have some pirate costumes, I wonder...

Anyhoo, what a great night it was! Other than that, we've been working on some shelves for our garage, mostly for all our camping stuff and to organize things up a bit. I've been doing really well on my diet this week, so I'm happy about that. Every day my scale has been lower, so yay for me. Dan's stressed with school, but what else is new? ;) The kids seem to be enjoying their summer although I'm running out of ideas to keep them busy. It was 118 last week, so it's just unrealistic to send them outside for more than 10-15 minutes. Early and late it's not too bad...low 100s, but forget the middle of the day. We even had a really good thunderstorm--thunder so loud it shook the house one night!

Today's Friday! I swam laps this morning with goggles and everything which proved tough. I kept getting water in my ears which was really annoying. Guess I'll need some plugs. Happy weekend everybody!

No comments: