Thursday, September 7, 2006

content

I was thinking today, how after this hard year of hard work and no play, and how things didn't turn out as we thought they would or hoped they would...I was thinking how oddly content we seem to be after the whole mess. Sure, those first few days were really hard, but for some reason, now that all is said and done, we seem strangely at peace with the way things are for now.

Not only with Dan's work, but with my own as well. I don't think I've ever been happier with my daycare situation; the two kids I have right now are great, perfect in fact, the perfect age, the perfect temperments, their parents are great, I mean I literally have no complaints as far as daycare goes. It used to be that I hated it and was suffering through, and man those days were stressful. I'd take out the stress on my kids, my family and I was just not happy. But what a difference it's made whittling down to these two great kids that I've actually had for quite some time now. I definitely have found my preference in the 12-28 month range. They're not as hard or demanding as infants because they can walk and feed themselves. And they're not as hard as 3 yrs old and up can be in regards to picky eating, selfish play, or drive-ya-nuts back talk. They play well both alone and with other kids, they are pretty easy to feed, and they still nap quite a bit.

Plus, I just love them...I've had the little girl since she was 8 weeks old and so it's like she's one of my own. I'd totally adopt her. She is pretty comfortable with us too and has come to love on me and cuddle with me at the drop of a hat, so that's fun. Makes me actually consider wanting a little girl some day. Some day, far away. Not any day soon, lol!

Anyway, when you enjoy your job, it just makes it that much easier to be happy. Things are settling in with the kids in school (don't even get me started on the whole bus fiasco, and I am not exaggerating when I call it a Capital F FIASCO) and so we have a nice little rythym going on. Things are good. Danny seems happy at work too and is trying to get swapped to a permanent shift with Southwest instead of the Rover position he's had since March, so things can only go up from here.

We are blessed, we are healthy with a nice home and two running cars and good strong healthy kids. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that and the fact that our needs are totally being taken care of. We are blessed.

No comments: