Thursday, December 20, 2007

july 4th layout, amie's freecycle, and cameron's christmas program

Hey folks. Buckle up your seatbelts and get cozy in your chair, this is gonna be a long one.

First of all, just wanna say that my bathrooms are clean. Got that done and behind me. Now...if I can just keep anyone from using them for the next week, we'll be in good shape. ;)

Second, here is a layout I did yesterday. I stared at this scraplift for ever and was completely prepared to hate my finished result. But I actually really it mostly because of its color. Hope I had my monitor set correctly when I edited this photo, or else the orange could go really haywire on some of your screens. Dang orange...always causing problems.

Third, I thought I'd post a few items for AMIE'S FREECYCLE. I've had a few items just hanging around looking for a good home, so I decided to show them here. If you want them, come get them.

First up, a very lovely 3-tiered 12x12 box. The talented Delfina gifted this to me a year or so ago and it worked very nicely for my patterned papers. I have however consolidated and have been able to get all my paper into one sterlite container.

You of course do not need to put paper in yours. Be creative. It could be a place for all your secret treasures, a candy stash, your bills that you want to hide away and conveniently forget about this time of year.

Or how about crafty supplies?

If you've got lots of green stuff hanging around, why not stick it in the box?

Unmentionables...? I do not care, I will not ask, you need not tell.

Whatever, you decide. If you want it, it's yours. (Disclaimer, this box does not come with markers, money, cars, or black lace push-up bras)


Next, half a china set that I've been trying to sell for my brother for, I exaggerate not, 3 years. A lady in New York bought half of this set to replace some of her broken pieces, so I am left with 7 cups, 8 saucers, and a creamer. It is Ranmaru China, very pretty, and currently, very dirty. Again, if you feel you can do better with this or if it's little Ranmaru-ness would occupy a lovely portion of your china cabinet or your little girl's tea party ensemble, come on over and pick it up. You'll feel all fancy and crap.

Next up for grabs a couple of photo album cards that I honestly don't believe I'll ever use, but have held onto them because they are just so dang cute in their lime green and sparklyness. Put your kids in it, put yourself in it, put your cats in it (you know who you are) just take it off my hands, cuz it's too perty to throw away.

Last, scrappy kit of sorts that we'll just call 'Roses'. It has 5 sheets of red and yellow rose paper, 1 sheet of yellow vellum, red and black nylon thread, black embellishments, black buttons, red glitter, and 2 mini red clothespins. All yours for the bargain price of Free-Ninety-Free. Lovely brown bedspread not included.

Ahh....glad I got that outta my system. I hate clutter.

Onto Cameron's kindergarten Christmas program. He has been sooooo excited for this for the past 2 weeks. Every day he'd tell me about it, draw pictures about it, take his announcement/flyer and copy it, taping it all over the house. He really wanted some fans there! Unfortunately, Dan was working, so I got to take three kids by myself! Wheee! (anyone denoting a bit of sarcasm? <----- before you feel sorry for me, it actually went pretty well) So where is Cameron you ask? Well, you see that giant head of black hair in the middle? Go about 2.5" to your left and you'll see Cam stuck out on the end in the red plaid shirt.

Anyway, we got there at 5:30 as per the teacher's instructions and then we sat at about mid-section watching as the cafeteria quickly filled up and became standing room only. I saw the program for the evening and the fact that they had about 8 songs to do. I thought, oh boy, we're gonna be here a while.

9 minutes. And it was done.

It started at 6, and by 6:09 we were getting our refreshments. LOL!! I got a few pictures, but they were really bad shots and the place was so crowded that the pics of him on the stage are really bad. But I got a couple of cute ones afterwards. I also got to meet his new teacher that he'll be starting with in January. Yup, we're finally moving classrooms, just to shake things up a bit. He's had a rollercoaster of a year so far, and just for the sake of saying we tried it, we're trying it. I'll miss the kids in his old class--they were so cute and fun. Cam will miss them too.


Whew! I need a nap. Please let me know if you want any of those items. Getting rid of them gives me room to get more useless schtuff! Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the layout. Have a great one, Tammi

AZ HS Spotlight said...

Unmentionables! LOL! I want the box and scrappy stuff, but I'm stuck downtown. If no one grabs it, could you give it to my mom? If gone, not a worry :)

The actions shots w/the boys jumping into the pool are great!

Jesika said...

Great job on the LO's! You're very creative!

Kendra said...

I would LOVE the china! I've been looking for pretty teacups and saucers! Let me know when you'll be home and I'll come by and get them (if you still have them).

I'd also love the photo frame cards if no one else has claimed them. I know a couple cute girls who would love to have pictures of my cute kids in those frames!

Thanks Amie!