Wednesday, August 20, 2008

6 unspectacular quirks

You guys know I can't resist a good Tag blog. I know, it seems like I do them almost weekly. Seriously, there are no secrets left. But Linda tagged me this time and I really wanted to participate, so here goes.

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know that they have been tagged.

1. When I was pregnant with Sean, I absolutely fell in love with potato salad. I was working at the capitol downtown, so twice a day (at morning break and lunch) I'd go down to their cafeteria and buy a small bowl of potato salad. (No wonder I gained 40 lbs that pregnancy!) I even had only potato salad served at my baby shower. I still love it. WITHOUT EGGS. Ick. Eggs have ruined many a good potato salad.

2. I am a complete nerd and love balancing my checkbook. It gives me such a feeling of satisfaction to have everything balance out evenly with my budget, my online banking system, and my checkbook. Nerd Alert.

3. I have a secret desire to live in Oregon when I grow up. Went there once for the 4th of July and fell in love with the Oregon coast, the trees, the weather, the rain, even the slugs were fascinating. And now that I'm sure sexy vampires and werewolves live there too, I'm all the more intent on moving. Some day.

4. I would love to be famous some day. For something. I don't even have a preference for what. Music, singing, song writing, scrapbooking, making a really great potato salad, I don't care. I'd really like to be on David Letterman for something cool I've done. Bizarre, eh?

5. I hate having the shower curtain left open. Or closed, not sure which way to word that. I like the shower curtain extended to it's open-widest position so that it covers the bathtub. I don't think anyone ever has any reason to see other peoples' bathtubs. All the lotions, potions, soaps, and razors...that's my private biz. Don't look. Keep that shower curtain open. Or shut. Or...whatever.

6. I'm currently watching every single DVD we own in succession to see if we should keep them or not. We have hundreds and hundreds of burned movies, most of which seen only once. For some reason, I started in the middle with the M's. I'm now currently in the S's ("Serenity"--anyone seen it?) and have been watching it about 5 minutes at a time for the past week. I just can't get into it. Anyway, this gives me something to do generally when I fold laundry.

OK, who can I tag, who can I tag? I've been trying to tag different peeps lately, to get them out of the wood work. Let's start with Kendra, Dahlene, Delfina, Natalie, April, and Shawn L. Go to it girls!

3 comments:

jinxi~ aka angi said...

LOL.. Im the same about the shower curtain for real andddd the checkbook.. I wont sleep a wink til its perfect. And I write in the same color ink and everything...totally nerdy.. or OCD or something, but glad Im not alone! hahaa.

ps: Your boys are adorable.. I just love their smiles and enthusiasm for life!

Anonymous said...

Serenity is AWESOME, but you have to realize it's like the finale of the series "Firefly". So watching the series first is kinda necessary. Firefly was the brainchild of Joss Whedon, who also directed "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". I like everything he has done. He has a new tv series coming out this fall called "Dollhouse."

B

Margee' said...

You want to move to the Northwest!