Wednesday, November 5, 2008

my thoughts on obama and a new tag-o-rama

For the record, I am disappointed with the outcome of the election, but not surprised. I wasn't crazy about either candidate, but I do think there was a lesser of two evils there. I found it frustrating how it was totally made out to be an election based on race rather than what the men had to say, their platform, their opinions, etc. What if a chinese american had run for president? Should we all vote him in just because he's different and we've never had a chinese american president before? Anyway, I'm sick of it all and will be glad to go back to the days without 8 hundred million political telemarketing calls all the live long day.

I congratulate the Obama platform and pray that they along with the Democratic House of Representatives will be responsible with our country. We've been told that the state of our government and country and world will get worse before it gets better, and I only fear that this is one more step toward our "constitution hanging on by a thread." (Joseph Smith) Let's pray not.

Now, on a lighter side, My friend Dahlene sent this survey to me via email, and since I am so sick to death of all the political talk, I thought I'd repost this and tag anyone interested.

Fill this out about your senior year of high school. The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.


1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No

3. Did you car pool to school? Took the bus

4. What kind of car did you have? Didn't have one until the very last few months;
it was an 84 Dodge Aries I think. Even then, I don't think I ever drove it to school. I lived 45 miles away!

5. What kind of car do you have now? Honda Odyssey minivan


6. It's Friday night...where are you now? Home, doing homework likely

7. It is Friday night...where were you then? Home, doing homework likely (I said, I lived 45 MILES AWAY from the school! There wasn't much of a social life) I feel like I've come full-circle!

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? Didn’t have one unless you count babysitting

9. What kind of job do you do now? Hmm...don't have one...unless you count babysitting... Just kidding, of course I do home daycare and I'm a college student.

10. Were you a party animal? No

11. Were you considered a flirt? mmm...sometimes, when I could break out of my shell.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope, small school, we didn't have those things

13. Were you a nerd? No, but I was smart and graduated 2nd in my class. (small school!)

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Never

15. Can you sing the fight song? Of course! "On, Salome to victory...on to our goal..."

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mr. Mac!

17. Where did you sit during lunch? In the cafeteria with my best friend Heather

18. What was your school's full name? Salome Bicentennial Union High School

19. When did you graduate? 1993

20. What was your school mascot? The Fighting Frog. Oh yeah. I said it. What of it?

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Not in a bazillion years. Kids are cruel. Now college on the other hand...

22. Did you have fun at Prom? Absolutely! I was prom queen! (small school!)

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No. Wonder whatever happened to him, Kevin Ferguson, Hollah, yo!

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? We don't really have them in our small school that I know of.

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Like once a year. =(

26. School Colors? Green and white of course

27. What Celebrity's came from your high school? None that I know of. 'Cept me of course.


All righty peeps, tag-a-rama-lama-ding-dong! Now it's your turn!


6 comments:

Christy said...

Thank you for your comment, lovely Amie! You were my first!!

Christy said...

Thank you for your comment, lovely Amie! You were my first!!

Christine said...

I would have to disagree on the race issue with the election. Obama never once in all of his running mentioned his race or that we should vote for him because of that. Media played that card, not the man who was running. I know many who voted for him because of his platform and plans and never once thought that they were voting for a black man. I have many many views on the election that I'm gonna post tonight, hopefully you will all stil like me after I say my thoughts =>

jinxi~ aka angi said...

I too am disappointed and worried. ugh.
Fun answers from highschool! :)

wittygal said...

I am totally going to try to do this, I just need a few days. Thanks for the TAG, I love reliving the past. Maybe I will even add a picture!

Jaime said...

I didn't know you grew up in Salome. I grew up in Mayer and I always dreaded playing you guys. It was a 3 hour trip on the bus. Gotta love those small town schools!