Wednesday, November 17, 2010

gratitude day 16, car

Moving along on our 25 Days of Gratitude, Ethan pulled this selection out for the day and was pretty excited about it:

 IMG_0525 IMG_0526 

So we did!

Ethan cleaned out trash, Cameron vacuumed, and Sean and I did windows.

IMG_0540 IMG_0541 IMG_0542 IMG_0545 IMG_0546 IMG_0548 IMG_0549

Is it perfect?  No.  It looks like a bunch of boys cleaned my car.  But it's the idea that counts.

We definitely ARE grateful for our cars!  We've been pretty lucky the last few years to only have to replace tires and this and that here and there on our vehicles.  They've been pretty dependable.  Our truck is an 04 but our van is a 2000!  So we're babying it to be sure!  Our next vehicle will be bought with cash again (we are a looong way from that goal) so we have to take really good care of the cars we have!

  IMG_0558

And then of course we got to celebrate with this.

 IMG_0560  IMG_0562  IMG_0564 IMG_0566

Yes, all of us.

OMG it's been probably a year or more since I've had one of these babies.

   IMG_0569

Check out how weird Cameron's eyes turned out in this picture (click to enlarge); all I did was hit the red-eye setting on my photo editing software and it made his pupils look HUGE.

IMG_0528

By the way, look at my hair today. I totally jumped on the side-braid bandwagon! (it looks better from the top, but it's hard to take a flattering picture of the top of one's head)

PS, If you haven't yet, don't forget to go here to see what we do with Pumpkin Pie flavored Pop-Tarts and enter my latest $100 visa gift card giveaway contest! :)  There is also now a second chance to enter this particular giveaway as well.  Watch our short Thankful Jar making video, comment, and I will choose one winner from both posts combined next week.  Enter on each=double your chances.  Good luck!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Send those boys over to my house!!!! Last time I had Cameron in my car he was telling me all about an art project, then mid sentence he goes "Sister Cuglietta? Did you know you can vaccumm in your car?" Bwahahahaha I laughed out loud. Looks like they had a great time. And still love the Red hair!

laurie said...

i am always very grateful for my reliable car! sometimes i think it is time for a new one and then, after calculating how much that would be, i decide my old one is fine for now. it does need to be cleaned, though. wish i had all that boy power at my disposal!

Danny said...

I am indeed grateful for our cars. I am proud of us for having them paid off. we use to have a tradition of use of our cars but haven't had the opportunity with our current cars.