Monday, January 24, 2011

a blog tag -- haven't done one of these in a while

Q1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?
I don't blog anonymously, at least not really. I choose to not purposefully share my last name and location, but otherwise, my details are out there. I've never really wanted to be anonymous...I'm fine with people finding my blog through various outlets (scrapping, my ward, BlogHer, etc) and have made many friends that way. I know that wouldn't have been possible if I had a private blog. This is definitely a personal decision, and I am comfortable with my current stand.

Q2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Totally stubborn in my refusal to join FaceBook. Do I think it would be fun? Sure. Do I think I'd reconnect with those long lost? Definitely. Will I join? Heck to the No.

Q3. What do you really see when you look at yourself in the mirror?
Oh gee, lots of things. I see wrinkles, but a happy person who has earned every laugh line. (cheesy!!) I see cellulite but I also know that I have worked very hard to slim down from my prior 200lb frame and am very happy with my current look. I see a maturing woman who finally knows what she wants to be when she grows up. :)

Q4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Diet Strawberry Limeade from Sonic.

Q5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Right now? Study! Beyond that, read. Ideal? Reading in the bathtub with a bowl of peanut butter M&Ms at my disposal.

Q6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life?
Finish Nursing school in 2 years! Serve a mission with my honey when we are old and retired. Raise happy kids, have grandkids.

Q7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
Definitely not the clown and I never ditched. But I was shy and I did do my best to get the best possible grades I could. It was really my only thing...I wasn't into sports and I grew up in a teeny tiny town where sports were really the only Thing To Do. That and get drunk after the sports games, which of course I refrained from as well. But yes, I was totally shy, but comfortable with my very small group of friends.

Q8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
First of all, Merriam-Webster has several definitions of 'poignant'. Yes, I had to look it up.

a) pungently pervasive (huh?)
b) painfully affecting the feelings (our rollover car accident in 01, looking at the driver's side seat next to me and finding Dan had vanished, not knowing where he was, if he was alive or dead, etc)
c) designed to make an impression (both of my major career moves...sign language, and then health care, and the decisions that led up to them)
d) pleasurably stimulating (happy moments and memories with my family camping...and any memory having to do with chocolate)
e) being to the point (I'm a pretty matter-of-fact girl. Not black or white mind you, but I generally see things as one way or another with very little gray in between. Sometimes thats a good thing, sometimes not)

Q9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I'm pretty comfortable about writing about myself online. I'm not perfect and I'm just as likely to write about my failures as I am the successes. Yet, ask me to talk about those things in person, I'm likely to shut down and lose my words.

Q10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Definitely read. Reading is easy, an escape, relaxation. On the phone I sound like a 13 year old girl and can hardly put 2 clear thoughts together.

Thanks, Leaner, for tagging me. I tag Emily because she hasn't updated in many moons (shoot I just noticed that you updated yesterday, woot woot!), Chris because she IS updating every day and I love that, Laurie because I love her introspectiveness and am curious about her answers, and CC because she just had a birthday and I still need to give her a present. :)

2 comments:

laurie said...

oh, my! i know what i'll be doing this evening. :-) it is a fun way to find out more about people.

Emily said...

Thank you for picking me. You're right-I NEED the help :).

And I just did it.