Friday, June 10, 2011

les miserables

We had a nice little date night last night and went to see Les Miserables at Gammage.  I hadn't seen this one since 1995-ish, so I was very excited to go!  This play is one of my favorites because there is so much to it.  So much more plot and music and intensity than Phantom -- don't get me wrong, I LOVE Phantom, but there's just so much more to this story.  It covers something like 60 years of history before and during the French Revolution. 

Dan and I had a really nice time.

Well. . . I did, Dan fell asleep.  :)  It's hard when you're not as familiar with the words and songs and stories; he really couldn't understand the words being sung (he hates vibrato) nor could he follow what was going on.  We should have studied up before we went.  Oh well!

 IMG_1576 IMG_1577 IMG_1578

We had great seats on the floor and sat next to our friends Casey Lu and and Ehren.  I would have taken more pics but immediately after I took this one, I was politely informed by staff that "cameras are not allowed inside the theatre, ma'am".  (He was nice about it, so I immediately put my camera away)

That's our last play til "Wicked" next February.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

laurie said...

i was there too last night with some other teachers from c-side! it was the first time i had seen it - i was completely swept away!

Anonymous said...

Les Mis was good. It was nice to finally have a visual to go with the music. Having said that, I didn't like it as much as Wicked at Gammage and it was no where near as good as Phantom on Broadway.

B