Monday, October 10, 2011

an afternoon at the circus

So, like  a thousand years ago (3 weeks), our friends the Haughts gave us some tickets to the circus out in Scottsdale!  It was a fun spur-of-the-moment trip on the heals of Dan and Sean coming back from Slide Rock with the Boy Scouts.  I was worried they'd be too exhausted, but they were all for it!

I took tons of pictures and videos, but the videos take too long to upload with my high-def camera (not complaining!) so here are some of our favorite acts.

Big ol' cats are always impressive!  These even jumped through a ring of fire at one point.

 IMG_5190 IMG_5210

The Tight Rope act was pretty cool.they jumped rope and balanced on chairs and even had a nearly fatal (scripted?) fall, but all in all very entertaining!

IMG_5220

Lots of girls doing acrobats and gymnastics, wire work and feats of daring do'.  Ethan was quick to point out that most of them were dressed quite inappropriately!

IMG_5255 

We saw bears performing tricks. . .

IMG_5284

. . . fire jugglers. . .

IMG_5302

. . . more death-defying acts of bravery. . .

IMG_5305

This guy blew my mind.  With every chair I felt certain he was going to plummet to his death.  And then a handstand on top of them all!  Wow!  (I didn't even get a picture of the end result because I was in such awe)

IMG_5350

Brave boys and girls on the flying trapeze, and yes, someone's flossing!

IMG_5358

Followed by. . . a Lady Gaga impersonator's act?

IMG_5360

These two were my favorite, and thus I will upload one video to show you.  I was so impressed by their strength and beauty--all the while flying through the air sometimes with only one another's grips to save them.  Amazing.

IMG_5372

And we round it all off with elephants, who were very entertaining!

IMG_5385

Their pooper scooper was quite entertaining too.  These big guys dropped a load about every 45 seconds.

IMG_5378

IMG_5342

Such a fun first circus experience for our family!

No comments: