Friday, May 25, 2012

more cub scout comings and goings

I know I've been posting a lot of Boy Scout/Cub Scout stuff lately.  With three in scouting, it seems like we are always working to pass off something.  And I've set a personal goal of working at least 30 minutes with at least one of the boys every day.  I have to stay organized with it all or nothing will get done.

It's kind of exhausting.

But it's rewarding, too.  :)

Here are some of the things we worked on this past week:

 IMG_8327 Ethan was to put together some sort of useful wood project.  He sanded, glued, nailed, and painted this birdhouse with only very minimal help from Mom.  Great job, E!

IMG_8329 For his Craftsman achievement, Cameron also had to make something useful with wood.  He sawed, sanded, painted, and drilled this measuring cup holder for the inside of one of my cupboards.  I love it!  It makes so much more space in my utensil drawer.  We have a teeny kitchen with teeny storage and hardly any cabinetry, so this is really helpful!  I love it, Cam!

IMG_8330 Continuing on with Craftsman, he had to make 4 projects not from wood that take some planning and/or require a sketch.  We looked up some really fancy airplanes online and on youtube.  He wasn't able to do all of them (seriously, some of these are really amazing!) but these two fly pretty darn well.

IMG_8335 Then, we made a cool wallet out of duct tape.  (did you know they make printed duct tape?  Different colors and patterns?)

IMG_8333 I liked this so much, I may make one for myself.  :)

IMG_8331

Another of Ethan's requirements was to learn about taking care of the earth, and more specifically, our neighborhood.  He was to perform a neighborhood cleanup, so we incorporated it into our Family Home Evening Monday night.  We got our gloves and trash bags and cleaned up the park and greenbelt near our home.  Amazing how much trash can be found!  Big thumbs up to all of us on this one!

It's been a full week.  The boys are now out of school and I have Ethan's cake to make and company coming in for the baptism this weekend.  This morning we found a pipe leaking (side faucet/outside of the house) and had to call in a plumber.  Never a dull moment!

Happy weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amie you rock!! You are such a Great Mom! With everything else you've got going on in your life you are amazing to work with your boys like this!! I hope they know how lucky they are!

Anonymous said...

Good job building helpful stuff guys!

B

wittygal said...

Oh, I hope you love Cub Scouts. It has a special place in my heart. Our family has done many things together we would have never done with Scouting pushing us to achieve.
Matthew makes Duct tape wallets, art, cell phone holders and all kinds of good stuff. Keeps him busy.