Wednesday, June 21, 2006

by now you should know me!

Here's the last installment!

Have you ever been on TV and why? I don't think I've ever been on TV...although when Ethan was at St. Joe's hospital for 3-4 days having surgery on his finger, a couple of the Diamondback players came in with a camera crew, showing how benevolent the D-backs were to kids in crisis. I don't think they'd use the part with us--a player asked why Ethan was there and I explained that he had just gone through surgery on his finger (he was hooked up to an IV and everything at the time!) and the player stupidly said, "Oh, this one?" and reached for Ethan's finger. Ethan immediately shrieked and pulled back. Duh, his finger hurt! I never saw the footage, but it's the closest I've ever come to onscreen fame I guess.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up and did you become that? No, I wanted to be a writer of some kind. I won a short-story contest when I was in high school and had a few articles printed in a nearby paper, but that's as close as I came! I would some day like to author a children's book though. Nope, I became a sign language interpreter, and I think if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't pursue that either, and instead go for a nursing degree. There's still time.

What is your favorite thing to do on weekends? Well I know most people would say sleep-in, but that's not the case with me. Both me and my children are early risers and I generally wake up naturally around 5 or 5:30 unless I've been up really late the night before. I just can't get back to sleep. My favorite thing to do on weekends is just be with the family, since during the week I have extra daycare kids around. My hubby works Saturdays now, so it's not yet a full family day.

What was your favorite subject in high school? You know what, I was pretty good at English and Math, I hated science and PE, ...but probably my favorite classes were the Yearbook classes I took my Junior and Senior years.

Who is someone you look up to? Well, my hubby, since he's 6 foot and I'm 5'2". =) Also, so many people for many other reasons. My friend Joanna for her preparedness and food storing abilities; my friend Heather for her generous spirit and friendly personality; anyone who has paid off their house and is out of debt; my parents, and many more.

What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, that's an easy one. Great memories each and every year.

Who is your favorite actress/actor? I really like Val Kilmer. He's hot stuff.

What is a good movie you have seen lately? I saw X-Men III last week and thought it was pretty good!

What is a good book you have read lately? Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover". It's changed my life!

Do you play an instrument? Yes, I play piano and I'm trying to teach myself the guitar, although a string has been broken on my guitar for about four years now...so that's going no where.

Do you play any sports? No. But I do enjoy swimming and aerobics.

That's it! By now you should feel like you know all you'd ever need to about Amie!!

No comments: