Friday, June 9, 2006

can you recommend a sitter?

So, nothing really comment worthy has been going on, just little busy things here and there--RS Presidency meeting one night, I ran the nursery at another ward's Enrichment night, tonight I'm scrapbooking with our RS... I'm about to go crazy with the new daycare kids, these two boys. They're just so loud and whiny and annoying. Not bad, just annoying! You know what they say...any other kids but your own...

Anyway, so I'm again looking for work, anything I can do at home or bring my kids with me, whether that's delivering phone books or what, I really have no idea. Options are so limited. We still don't have any idea what kind of schedule Danny's going to be on, so I can't pursue the paper route idea. Ugh! Frustrating!

His paycheck next week will consist of 3 whole days (oy!) and in this week, we had to repair his second hearing aid ($240!), our printer died, (literally days after I bought $75 worth of ink for the thing) and our monitor is just about dead. It flickers and loses color and let's face it, it's been a good run. We've had this monitor since just after Sean was born, and he's almost seven, so... We're looking into flat screens, going to try ebay, used on azfamily, whatever. There's just no money for all these things right now!

Oh well. On a happier note, I'm really enjoying the extra time with my brother. He's visiting from the St. Kitts and drops in a couple of times a week, so that's fun. For any of you who know him, you need to hear him tell his snorkeling-while-a-barracuda-was-chasing-him story. Wow!! He's getting some crazy experiences on that island!

We've been taking care of his mail and some of his finances while he's been gone, so he's going to treat us to Abuelo's mexican food some time (we're trying without luck to find a sitter, any volunteers?) and we're so excited about that because it is our favorite place. Awesome food, great service, beautiful ambiance in the room, just a good good restaurant. Afterwards we hope to go see X-Men 3.

I just read the book "Total Money Makeover" and really enjoyed it and recommend.it. We're going to try to use some of the applications, however most of them will really only work once he's out of school and we have more of a set income and budget to work with. Good book though, sounds like a really smart guy.

That's all for now, Amie out!

No comments: