Wednesday, February 7, 2007

lasik



Here are some before and during pictures. (I'll post the after pictures in a little bit) I'm going to miss the glasses; I actually think he looks rather dashing in his specs! The lasik eye surgery took place about an hour later than scheduled (which would have been no big deal except I had 5 impatient children waiting in the car!) and to hear Danny tell the story, it was the worst pain he'd ever been through. And then for the first four hours, all I heard was "my eyes hurt sooo bad! this had better be worth it!" After the 4 hours, he turned a corner and voila, he could see and no more pain. He's so thrilled with his new vision! He keeps walking around the house telling me things he can now see without his glasses. ("It's 12:40 on the clock! I couldn't see that before!") I'll get some after pictures when he comes home; its been a long day full of dentist appts, follow-up eye appts, and then he's off to help remodel his mom's bathroom.

Oh, follow up on one of my previous posts. Danny found out at his dentist appt today that he had a cavity under a filling or some such thing, so he needed a crown and like $900 worth of work done. Fortunately, insurance covers 60%, so we only need to come up with $300. So sadly, we won't be paying off the car this Friday. But hopefully our next paycheck we'll be debt free but the house. =)

5 comments:

April Hall said...

Oh please tell me where he got the lasik done! My husband has such horrible eyes, and is blind without them! He has talked about getting it done but I am such a worry wart I don't want him to! I feel ya about the cost of dental work too! Just yesterday my husband had to get a root canal done so they can fix his crown and out of pocket it's costing us almost $400! :) I'm in the same boat you are girl! :)

Amie said...

Luna Eye Care near Boswell Hospital. They cut a competitor's deal in half so he paid $700! A DEAL!!

April Hall said...

That is awesome! I will definately tell my husband about it and see if his optometrist will recommend it this time, and it's close to my house too!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a deal Amie..We paid 3500.00 for my husbands he was blinda as a bat this was five years ago..He needs reading glasses they had told us he would but until last month he used the ones like at walgreens but he still doesn't need them for driving quite yet and the doctor didn't think he would see as good he was so blind he swears by it.. i was worried cause he doesn't listen about resting and such..He's gonna be so amazed and love it.
Liz kt

The Bluths said...

I would love to get it done, just don't have the money. I'm blind as a bat.