Thursday, December 9, 2010

ethan's parade through the city

IMG_1032

Ethan's T-ball team was fortunate enough to make an entrance in our four-day city celebration last weekend.

IMG_1038They joined about a dozen other teams and marched the one-mile parade circuit.

IMG_1066The actual parade was fun and easy-going. . .

IMG_1044

IMG_1045But the hour and a half wait up until it was our time to walk was excrutiating.

IMG_1046Not only were we supposed to be there an hour early, but our group was #58 out of 61.

IMG_1042

IMG_1047During our wait, Ethan did a lot of complaining, and grumbling, and murmuring.

IMG_1050And playing in the dirt.

IMG_1051And uhh, this.

IMG_1055But luckily, we had a little bit of entertainment while we waited. Big Red came by for a quick picture.

IMG_1053 Ethan pointed out this rainbow in the sky while we waited too.

IMG_1056

As we waited for our turn, the 1st-57th parade entries made their way back to us, before we even started. So we had up front seats for that. Can you say. . . support hose?

IMG_1057

I guess there was a Parade of Boxers, which is pretty cool.

IMG_1058

High School ROTC looking good.

IMG_1059

High School cheerleaders, knowing they look good.

IMG_1060

And the band, more up my alley. LOL

IMG_1061

Not quite sure what this is.

IMG_1062

Ethan enjoyed waving and high-fiving the people as he passed.

IMG_1063

I was suprised that we only passed 3 families that we knew. I guess 9am parades on cool December mornings aren't our thing in this town. There were a lot of people there, just not a lot that we knew.

IMG_1064 IMG_1065 I was at my wits' end by the time we made it back to our car at 10 in the morning. And I still had two baseball games (at the same time in different sites) to get through and a hubby On Shift. Ahh well. Such is Life with the Boys.

5 comments:

AZ HS Spotlight said...

They've been replaying the parade all week on the City's channel...glad to know where he was, I'll keep an eye out for him. We would have been there but Messiah rehearsal was at the same time :(

Monica McCoy said...

So jealous! I always wanted to be in a parade and wave like a beauty queen! Lucky Ethan.

My Cottage Charm said...

Hi Amie! :) You had asked about my chandelier and the cost. The paint didn't cost me any extra, I already had it, but it's $3.00 a can if I had to buy it and I use one can of primer and one of white paint. The crystals were almost $30, but I have enough left to do a bunch of other things with..so not really all of that can count. :) So, my actual cost for the whole thing would have been about $41.00 if you count up everything (even the paint)...not too bad!~ LOL
By the way, your boys are adorable! I have three boys too. :)
Hugs
Missy

Delfina said...

What a lucky boy! I remember doing that when I was little in a smaller town for a couple of hours.

OneHappyfamily said...

I LOVE our city too! Looks like fun.