Monday, October 24, 2011

walk to defeat ALS

IMG_1706

This past weekend, Sean and I participated in a benefit:  "Walk to Defeat ALS". 

  IMG_1705       

Some of my classmates put together a team (Estrella Mountain Nursing Students) with the goal of raising $1000 for ALS research. 

IMG_1711

We dressed in green to honor the father of one of our classmates who passed away from ALS just before the semester started.

IMG_1720

We surpassed our goal of $1000 and walked the 2.5 miles together with what seemed like a thousand other people. 

IMG_1712

It was a pretty neat event, and we felt fortunate to be included in the cause.

IMG_1715

I know people personally affected with this disease (and it's sister disease, Multiple Sclerosis), so I was happy to help out.

IMG_1714

I was proud of Sean for being willing to participate with me.

IMG_1716

And our group had a really fun time together.

IMG_1727

3 comments:

laurie said...

what a great cause and it looks like you had fun too! i hope the research sheds some light on possible cures and treatments in the near future.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was an Irish pride parade at first!

B

Jennifer ♥ said...

Good job to both of you!

Sean's shirt made me laugh! :)