Thursday, December 20, 2012

my graduation and pinning

August 2008 I decided to go back to school.  4 1/2 years later, here I am graduating as a nurse and receiving my pin.

What an awesome adventure this has been, and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say, the adventure is just starting!

 IMG_2850IMG_0021IMG_2844

I was very surprised and pleased to receive the award of Clinical Excellence. 1214121721a 

IMG_2859Reading our Nurse's Oath and the symbolic lighting of the lamp (a la Florence Nightingale)

     IMG_2869  IMG_2870

IMG_2873My parents were sweet enough to surprise me with a visit! IMG_2872 IMG_2875

And thanks to Connie, Ben & Jenna, and other friends for coming and supporting me!  It was such a great night (after a pretty horrible day watching the news and the goings on in Connecticut) but ended up just perfect.

Dream come true!

4 comments:

wittygal said...

Yeah! You are an amazing women.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, congrats sis!

B

jinxi~ aka angi said...

I am so very proud of you! Well deserved honors as well! Best wishes in all your endeavors! :O)

Torrie said...

Congrats!